“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
While scarfing gazpacho a few minutes ago, I decided to let fate decide what my perfect job should be since I obviously don't have a firm grasp on it. I went to indeed.com and punched in "My perfect job" and then selected Greensboro, NC.
Moving on. I searched in Winston-Salem and found this sketchy listing: Overnite Sitter. Dude? Really? You want me to come sleep in your house and watch your kid while you "work" overnight? How is this my perfect job? You want a WIFE, not me.
Since my "perfect job" is obviously not anywhere near my area, I opened it up to all of the US. I think I may have found some terrific opportunities for a chick like me:
- Reliable transcribers with perfect English. My English is pretty good but my sarcasm MIGHT get in the way.
- Someone in Portland is looking for a Perfect House Cleaner and Helper. Perfect? Nothin' like high expectations...you are OBVIOUSLY going to be a gem to work for.
- I loved this one: How are you with a light saber? You could be a perfect fit for our family! Unfortunately, it's in CA but I have to tell you I am bangin' with a light saber. I even do the sound effects. Are relocation costs included?
- Perfect Nanny Needed. Try looking for a listing under "Mary Poppins." I hear she's practically perfect in every way. Again. Perfect? Really?
- This is from a REAL planner and optimist: Amazing Dog Walker Needed for my Future Dog. WHAT? Dude, you don't even HAVE A DOG YET and you're looking for a dog walker? You're akin to the women who buy their wedding dresses with no groom in sight and the people who purchase their burial plots at 25. There IS such a thing as being too prepared. I am so not the right one for this job because I would mock you to your face. And you need that, sir. You really do.
- This one is from a real positive thinker: Customer Engagement Specialist. Please note that the same ad was listed under Food Cart Specialist so they totally put a positive spin on the whole schlepping hot dogs and roasted peanuts gig. They're located in Seattle and want someone to help them "spread health and happiness." Since they're "uber-committed" they don't want just any old schmo. I really want to call these people and find out just how much caffeine they're snorting (yes, snorting...it has to be going straight to their bloodstream).
- Someone in Woodstock, GA is looking for a Lead Collision Technician. Does this mean they want someone to CRASH STUFF? 'Cause I could be SO into that...
Do you dream of a job with a flexible schedule, fun co-workers, a healthy environment and products you can be proud of?
Yes, yes, yes and YES!
They then listed testimonials from their employees about all the fun they have at work. They talked about zero stress levels and how EVEN the TAP WATER was delicious. I was practically salivating. And then I saw the name: Kick Butt Coffee Music & Booze.
WHERE IS MY APPLICATION?
I've found it. My perfect job. Until someone comes along with a travel writer position, it looks like I'm moving to Austin.
What is YOUR perfect job?
If you like my blog, share it. Or Like my FB page to get updates. Or subscribe to the e-mail list. Or make a comment below. If you don't like it, well...just try not to hurt my feelings. I'm sensitive.